GE partners with Turk Telekom on industrial transformation
As the Industry 4.0 movement spreads from Germany across Europe and the rest of the world, telecommunications operators are looking to develop portfolios that combine their network expertise with industrial-facing product portfolios, managed services and other solution sets. Case in point, Turk Telekom, which provides services to the vast majority of major Turkish industrial firms, has partnered up with GE to make inroads into the industrial internet of things.
The first step is for the two companies to gauge clients’ “digital maturity level,” then develop a strategy for digital transformation. GE Digital will combine its industrial IoT portfolio, which covers everything from smart manufacturing and supply chain logistics to the data analytics and management platforms needed to put it all together, with Turk Telekom’s network, data center and cloud services.
Turk Telekom CEO Paul Donay said the vision of this partnership is to position Turkey to play a key role in the Fourth Industrial Revolution. “We are an important partner of millions of large and small companies, including all of the Top 500 companies [in] Turkey, with our corporate solutions. Thanks to our digital transformation collaboration with GE Digital, one of the world’s most important institutions in this field, this time, we will provide significant opportunities for the companies to help them be part of and benefit from the Fourth Industrial Revolution. With GE Digital, we will be able to identify the digitalization level of the companies and provide them with digital solutions that have become part of the business world with the digital industrial revolution.”
According to the companies, the partnership will deliver to customers:
- Increased efficiency, performance, and productivity
- Uninterrupted information access with instant monitoring at all process points
- Reduced downtime through preventive maintenance, and reducing expenditure on uninterrupted production and maintenance
- Constant improvement through big data analytics
- Digital management of assets
- Reduction of operational costs
- Reducing change periods through efficient planning
- Standardization of processes
- Establishing new business models leading to additional revenue